Spring in Alexandria
Finally!!! Spring has arrived to Alexandria! Leave the memories of SNOWZILLA behind and enjoy the fresh air, sunshine and nature that the spring season brings to the area.
Right here, around The Parker, there are many fun things to do this spring. Take advantage of the longer days and warmer weather with these springtime activities.
- Head to the Tidal Basin with your camera and take in the sights of the cherry blossoms. Or, visit Green Spring Gardens and their cherry trees while walking your way through the gardens and greenhouse of this national historic site.
- Get your bike out and ride the 18-mile Mount Vernon Trail.
- Test your golf swing out at Greendale Golf Course.
- Pick up some fresh produce and other local products at area farmers markets.
- Spring into shape and train for one of the many races in the area this spring such as Cherry Blossom 10 miler (April 3rd), Foam Glow 5K (April 9th), Georgetown 10 Miler (April 9th and 10th), Thunder Run 5K (April 16th), Parkway Classic (April 24th), 5K ColorFest (May 14th), The Color Run (May 15th), Capitol Hill Classic (May 15th)
- Play tourist for the day and take a sightseeing cruise with the Potomac River Boating Company.
- See Alexandria in a whole new way. Rise 180 feet above the Potomac as you ride on The Capital Wheel at the National Harbor.
- Leave your car at home and explore the shops and restaurants along King Street with the King Street Trolley.
- Pair good wine with delicious food at the Wine and Food Festival on April 23rd and 24th at the National Harbor. Celebrate Virginia wine May 13th through May 15th at the Mount Vernon Spring Wine Festival.
- Dine al fresco at one of the restaurants right outside your door at The Parker. P.S…. many of these restaurants are dog friendly too!
Regardless of what you enjoy doing during the spring, The Parker is in a great location to enjoy the season and leave the memories of winter behind!
Posted by Jill Burke.